Sunday, October 3, 2010

Allergies???

So I've come to a realization... 


I am allergic to my make up.  


WHAT THE FREAK??????


I've come to this realization based on the following observations- (keep in mind that until very recently I hardly ever wore make up at all... so learning this now isn't so surprising).


1- Every morning I wake up and do my thing and finally get to putting my make up on before leaving.  Within the next 5 minutes I promptly begin to sneeze my head off (and try to stop the gunky runny nose that quickly follows) for a good 10 minutes until I have effectively removed all the make up under my nose via rubbing, blowing, or whatever.


2- I can't wear mascara due to an allergic reaction (I actually found this out a few years back when I was in colorguard and they tried to say I had to- my eyes were burning within 30 minutes.  And red.  Very red.)


3- My eyes can't stand my make up.  They water.  I just thought it was from the sneezing.  But they water even without the sneezing (i.e. after the sneezing has finished).  I literally found a tear rolling down my nose this afternoon... And the closest thing to an emotional moment was the fact that the Bengals were losing to...  sit tight... the browns! (eep)


So... what's a girl to do when she's allergic to make up?  Or at least something IN make up?  I seriously am at a loss here.  Any suggestions?  Know any hypo-allergenic make up that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?


And on the note of make up... Since I'm new to this world... What do you girls use as your face wash?  My face has recently been breaking out a little more, and I think it's because my face wash isn't quite up to the task of removing make up AND getting my face beautifully clean... It's an issue.  I'm thinking maybe I need a good make up remover FIRST then wash my face???  Ugh.  I feel like such a dork.


And now that I feel like a twelve year old who apparently never asked her mommy the right questions as a child, I am going to drink some coffee (at 6:30 pm) and hopefully move on to something less embarrassing.

No comments: