Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Ever read that book?  It's actually very cute.

Today has started off that way, although I won't lie- the title's a little bit of an exaggeration, much like in the book (seriously, find a kid as an excuse and read it).

Ever wake up late?  I did.

AND as the 9 weeks along tends to produce massive attacks of nausea, I had to eat right away.  Normally if I'm running late I'd skip breakfast.  Haven't had that opportunity for a while.  So I ate cereal in bed.

And then proceeded to violently sneeze.  My long, yet to be styled hair ended up IN the cereal.  Gross.

Do you know how to get milk out of your hair?  You don't.  I tried everything but washing it (cuz seriously... I woke up 15 min before I had to leave).  It still has issues even now.  Tonight I'm hopefully getting my hair cut.  They can get it out.  I've been known to go to salons with all kinds of crap in my hair (I won't discuss the worst, because seriously it's the saddest story you can hear and I don't want to cry myself, let alone make you cry).

So obviously I got out the door late.  So late, in fact, that Mike was pulling in as I left.  This is NOT a good sign.  I usually cross paths with him around the half way point.  And he wasn't running ahead of schedule.

Oh, and my cat killed a moth this morning.  That he chose to leave in the living room for all to see.  Gross.

I get to the parking lot.  I see it's sunny.  I leave my umbrella in my car.  We walk the 10 minutes in (Mom and I park together).  We get all the way inside, and THEN she mentions "oh, it's supposed to storm today".  Seriously?  You couldn't have said this AT THE CAR???

So here's to all of you out there with the same type of day- that terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day where in the end we'll arrive for a haircut late, with milk in our soaking wet hair from the storm.  Have a drink for me, please, because that's the other part... I can't.

Nor can I take the pain meds I so want for my back.  Must have slept on it wrong.  Le sigh.

For the record- yes, I'm a complainer.  But usually life is happy, so when I get the chance, I try to make it humorous.  That was my intent here.  Did it work?  Oh, and the pain meds- I hate taking meds, but one dose of advil and my back would be as good as new.  So sad.

No comments: