Thursday, July 8, 2010

Healthy Living- Yes you CAN cook



I'm really bad at this healthy living thing.  I swear I want to do the segment, but... I'm just not that healthy to be honest.  Like I said in the beginning.  It's a work in progress, and it needs a lot of help!


But while I'm not the healthiest person you know, here are some excellent reads from people who are.


My dear friend wrote this short essay.  It's in a contest, so feel free to read others and make a vote.  You can find her essay here.  Keep in mind it's meant as a motivation, though.  It's not quite a "how to".  I'm sure if you want a "how to" I can probably convince her to write a guest post or something?  She loves cooking.  


Another wonderful lady, whom I rave about constantly does a segment called "eat well" and so far she's covered some things that I gotta be honest, I'd never even heard of!  But it looks yummy and her kids eat it.  How can you pass that up?  Check them out on her blog.  She has a few awesome posts titled Eat well-... 


And if you're interested, I have a mean chicken pot pie recipe from Paula Deen.  I worked on it a little, and after some serious math skills, I discovered it's not even that bad for you!!!!!  Of course, I said I made some changes.  Took out some butter, added a few more veggies.


Do you have any favorite recipes?  What are your secret guilty foods?  Mine is anything chocolate.  What are your favorite health foods?  

No comments: