Monday, May 9, 2011

11K in 2011- Angels and Demons

I read The Da Vinci Code a while back, and I loved it.  Barely put it down.  With that being said, when our library had their annual book sale, and had both Angels and Demons AND The Lost Symbol, I pounced.  I just hadn't had a chance to read them until now.


If you liked The Da Vinci Code, you'll like Angels and Demons.  It's very similar in the character set up, how the plot develops, the suspense, and even how shocking the ending is.  Usually, I feel that once you've read one book by an author, you can GENERALLY figure out the ending before it happens in any other books.  Not quite this time around, which was very pleasing.


Ok, enough of my opinion, because I'm certainly not an expert.  Here you go.




The Back of the Book:


"World-renowned Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to a Swiss research facility to analyze a cryptic symbol seared into the chest of a murdered physicist.  What he discovers is unimaginable: a deadly vendetta against the Catholic Church by a centuries-old underground organization- the Illuminati.  Desperate to save the Vatican from a powerful time bomb, Langdon joins forces in Rome with the beautiful and mysterious scientist Vittoria Vetra.  Together they embark on a frantic hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs, deserted cathedrals, and the most secretive vault on earth... the long-forgotten Illuminati lair."


The Bibliography:


Brown, Dan. Angels & Demons. New York, New York: Pocket Books, 2000.


You can find the book here, or at your public library (support the libraries!).


Total pages: 569


Total pages read in 2011: 2,600


Total pages remaining: 8,400


(I would also like to note that I am in the middle of a few other books as well.  2 are baby books and probably boring to you, but one is not.  It's just not easy to get through.  I might not finish it, but the pages STILL COUNT!)

No comments: