Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh Dear oh dear oh dear

Ladies and gentlemen!

I did it.

I signed up for a race.  And not just any race (oh no, my first can't POSSIBLY be easy!).  It's 2.91 miles of hell.

No, that's literally what the thing says.  Hell.  It's a 2.91 mile run, but that's not all.

We're talking 14 death traps.  Some are fun.  Like climbing the haybales and the junkyard.  Others are still mild- crawl through a dark tunnel, the tire run, the uphill run.  They get a little more difficult when you have to climb a wall, run through a wind storm, trudge through waist deep water.  They get scarier when they make you repel down a cliff, walk a plank, run down a river.  Some are rather difficult, like climbing the nets and crawling under barbed wire.  But the scariest of all???  That terrifying one?

You have to take a leap of faith.  Over a fire pit.

Yeah, about that.

T minus 150 days until I meet my death in a burning blaze.  And the sad part is it's at the end of the race, meaning I will have run almost 2.91 miles and conquered 12 of the other obstacles.  All that will be for naught when I go up in smoke.

But it'll be fun!  Right...?   Right?

Yeah.  Totally.

PS- if you are in the area and care to join me on my suicide mission (along with about 5 or 6 of my friends), here's the link.  We run at 9 am on June 5.

No comments: