I saw an article online today that listed some pretty goofy ways to tell if you spent too much on your kids.
1- We don't have kids, so it obviously doesn't apply.
2- I never intend on spending the type of cash a lot of parents tend to spend apparently. Seriously? You people are just nuts.
3- The article was stupid.
BUT! People over do the holidays ALL THE TIME! Every year I hear all of this complaining, and griping, and general "I'm freaking out from so much to do!" ness. I think people have lost the idea behind Christmas.
Am I the kettle calling the pot black? Maybe. I do believe my last post listed how behind I was. BUT! I don't feel obligated to do ANY of it. Did I have to get my brothers Christmas AND birthday gifts? No. We don't care. Did I have to hand make over 40 Christmas cards (20 left, people)? NO. Did I have to hand make 3 gifts? Decorate so much? Bake 4 batches of cookies (and counting)? NO!!! I do it because I love making things, I love baking desserts, I love the "oohs" and "aahs" of all the people I care about. I love giving. I do it because I enjoy it. I don't cuss as I trim the tree, or develop Tourette Syndrome while baking (although the cat can change that...).
So here are my top 5 signs you've over done Christmas-
5. You are fighting with the hubs (wife) more than you are smiling.
4. You emptied your bank account (or maxed a credit card) to cover the expense.
3. You are having trouble sleeping because you are dreaming about things going wrong.
2. You find Christmas music gives you a sudden urge to turn into the Hulk.
1. You ended up giving someone a bloody nose in a fight for the last ZhuZhu pet (or thing of silly bandz, or Bratz doll).
Merry Christmas, and please. Remember that you are supposed to ENJOY the Holiday season!