Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2 years

2 years ago today I was in Mexico.  We were in Celestun- in the Yucatan, close to Merida.  We spent the day doing 3 things- a tour of a factory...


a boat ride in a flamingo reserve...


And I mean LOTS. OF. FLAMINGOS


and an evening at a slightly chilly beach. 

I was making new friends, and using my mad-Spanish skills (I was the one of 3 fluent speakers on the trip, so naturally I was popular), and we ended the day sitting on a beach drinking Corona and watching mine explode because the salt shaker lid broke right as I added some to my tasty drink.


We laughed about the alligator/crocodile on the rocks that scared Ben so badly.  We still never determined whether it was real or fake.  You decide.


We played in the water, and let the fishies nibble at our toes.  Afterwards we returned to our hotel with the beautiful patio in the middle and talked about how my first trip to the ocean went.

It was by far one of the most memorable days of my life.  Mexico, and the friendships forged there will never be forgotten.  But little to my knowledge, on that very special day while I was visiting the ocean for the first time...


This little guy was being born.  A bajillion miles away. 



I wouldn't meet him for almost 3 more months.  But that day?  December 15?  It was special without me knowing it.


I love that little guy.  Happy birthday, Romeo



No comments: