Monday, October 11, 2010

Menu Monday, sans groceries???

Have you ever just had an expensive weekend?  One where you look at the budget on Monday and think "Holy freakin' crap what the H happened???"?  Cuz that was us this weekend/today.

While Mike worked his tushy off this weekend- 2 shifts at one job, 1 at the other, unless you count Friday and then it's 2 and 2- Tangent, he put in his three weeks notice at the second job, and I couldn't be HAPPIER about losing a source of income!- I spent the weekend out.  I celebrated a birthday Sunday night and met some really cool new friends.  I spent all day Saturday at a golf outing for work and then ate dinner with the group.  Sunday I meant to just have brunch with the best friend, but... Brunch turned into brunch, shoe shopping fail and then chatting our ears off until we realized "Holy freakin' crap it's 5:30 pm". 

Needless to say, nothing was accomplished on the home front.  And I spent way too much over budget this week.  We bought a few last minute groceries, and our budget ran out. 

So tonight, in order to keep with the budget, I plan on searching the cupboards for dinner ideas so I don't have to buy groceries.  So far, this is what I have-

Monday and Tuesday maybe Wednesday?- Homemade Chili that I was supposed to make last week

Wednesday and Thursday- Soup from a can.

Friday- "Naked Spaghetti" and veggies.  It's basically spaghetti noodles in parmesan and butter... SO unhealthy. 

Saturday breakfast- Sausage, Eggs, Biscuits maybe homemade? (we gots breakfast food!)
Saturday dinner- Frozen pizza/whatever is in the freezer.

Sunday breakfast- Turkey Bacon, Waffles or pancakes
Sunday dinner- Pizza

HOPEFULLY the cabinets have a vast treasure-trove worth of food/ideas.  I know we have some canned veggies at least.  No fresh fruit though... But there might be some frozen... hmmmm...

Oh, and I'm linking up.

3 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Girl, I totally know the feeling!! Way to be resourceful!

Niki Jolene said...

Naked spaghetti sounds like a winner to me! Yum! We used to eat that all the time as kids...with hot pepper flakes too...

Great menu plan--thanks for sharing. I hope you'll stop on over and visit over at Free 2 Be Frugal soon.

Maggie May said...

chanks for the binks.

:)