This is one of my all time favorite dishes- it's a great comfort food, it's extremely easy to make, and EVERYONE loves it!
I got the original recipe from Paula Deen (Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie). But then I made adjustments to it for my own preferences. Feel free to do the same.
1.25 lbs (1 regular-sized package) of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
Canned veggies (just drain and rinse off)
-Corn (only use about 1/2 the can)
-Peas (also use only 1/2 the can)
Regular sized can of Cream of Chicken
1 cup Chicken broth
1 1/2 cups bisquick (or similar product)
1 cup milk
Large casserole dish
1. Preheat the oven to 450*
2. Cook the chicken so that it is mostly cooked through (or more, but it's not necessary). Drain off the grease and layer in the bottom of the casserole dish
3. Mix the veggies (after draining and rinsing) together. Pour evenly over the chicken in the casserole dish.
4. Mix the chicken broth with the cream of chicken soup. Pour evenly over the chicken and veggies in the casserole dish.
5. Mix the milk and bisquick together. I like to pour this evenly over the casserole dish, but leave room on the edges because it expands.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 35 - 45 minutes. Mine is usually done in the 35 minutes, but my oven is amazingly accurate.
7. Sit back and relax! Let it cool before eating. It gets really hot.
This is also one of my favorite meals for lunch ideas because it's nice and big, which is easy to split up for 5 lunches. I also use it for any sort of "cook for others" events, such as new neighbors or deaths. It's a great comfort food for just about everyone.